Central Texas Flood Tips
Floods in central Texas are a given part of life. Dealing with them in a timely and expert way is important. The Steam Team has been the go-to company for decades for every type of disaster remediation and restoration. We have performed thousands of water damage jobs on the residential and commercial front. Here are some of the tips we've learned over the years -- the priority items that should be taken care of immediately after a flood event.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.