Austin Fire Disaster Checklist
A fire can be a devastating event in any home or business owner's life. The Steam Team is the expert company for dealing with all sorts of disaster situations, from fire and water damage to mold remediation. When a fire event strikes, it is important to take some immediate steps to minimize damage and begin the recovery process. Here are some tips:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.